Detailed programme now available!
The UEMS-EACCME® is delighted to invite you to its second Conference on the Accreditation of CME-CPD in Europe that will be held on Friday 28th February 2014 at the Hotel Crowne Plaza Brussels (Rue Gineste 3 - BE-1210 Brussels)
Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development are key aspects of doctors' competence and fitness to practice. Promoting these concepts contributes to improving all aspects of a medical practitioner's performance in their work. It is recognised as essential for doctors not only to renew their knowledge and keep abreast of scientific and/or technological developments, but also to maintain the necessary skills and attitudes required to ensure patient safety and quality of care.
The UEMS, in 2000, established the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) for the purpose of ensuring the international mutual recognition of quality assessments of CME-CPD activities throughout Europe. Through the accreditation of live meetings and e-learning materials, the UEMS-EACCME® promotes high standards in medical education, thereby improving the quality and safety of patient care.
This Conference will provide a state of the art discussion of the role of accreditation in CME-CPD, insights into the UEMS-EACCME®'s accreditation process and the implementation of its new criteria for the accreditation of live educational events (LEEs).
Purpose of the Conference
* High-level communication between CME Providers, Accrediting Bodies and Funding Organisations
* Feedback on the implementation of the new criteria for the accreditation of live educational events (UEMS 2012/30)
* EACCME® Accreditation as a means of assuring the quality of CME-CPD in Europe
* EACCME review of the implementation of the new criteria for LEEs
* Standard setting documents from partners
* The view of Providers
* The view of Funders
* Open discussion in groups and in plenary
* Areas for further development with parallel sessions
* Working together to achieve progress
* Working together to achieve progress: Core principles for engagement in CME-CPD
For all correspondence regarding this event, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.